Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
2021 Teen Video Challenge
Looking for an easy program to share with your teens that they can do at home, at your library, or outside this summer? The CSLP Teen Video Challenge is back for 2021! A summary is below; go to https://www.cslpreads.org/programs/2015-teen-program/2021-teen-video-challenge/ for all the details, including the submission form and contest rules. Please share on your social media (using #TailsandTales), your website, and with teens in your community!
The Teen Video Challenge, sponsored by the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP), is an annual national video contest open to all teens (librarian and teacher support is encouraged). The challenge is for teens to create a public service announcement-type video that shows their unique interpretation of the 2021 CSLP slogan “Tails and Tales.” Videos are to be no longer than 60 seconds and should promote libraries and reading.
Videos will be accepted June 1 through August 6, 2021.
- The contest is open to teens 13-18 (though it's fine for people older or younger to appear in the videos).
- The process is simple; teens just need to upload their video to the social media outlet of their choice, submit a link to their video, and complete a simple online form.
- Videos will be limited to 60 seconds, making this a doable project for individuals or small teams.
- Teens/teen teams may submit more than one video.
- The program will accept submissions June 1-Aug 6, 2021, so that it can be incorporated into your summer program (it’s still a great opportunity to partner with schools with video production classes or clubs; students can produce the videos as a class project and submit them in June!)
- Permission and model release forms will only be required from the winning entries (completing the forms is a requirement to receive prizes and acknowledgement).
- There will be 5 national winners, who will each receive a cash prize of $200. The TVC Ad-Hoc Committee will convene a judging panel from CSLP partners and members in August.