As a passionate advocate and champion for libraries, I present and host professional development programs, facilitate strategic planning, and publicize the outstanding work of our members. With experience in health sciences librarianship, social work, and outreach, my specializations include community engagement, leadership, program development, public health, sustainability, and wellness.
I love spreading word about all the outstanding resources, programs, and services provided by our membership in the MLS Community Engagement Blog. If you have a success story to share, please reach out to me.
Strategic planning is a vital part of ensuring a successful future. MLS provides strategic planning consultation for all types of libraries: public, academic, school, and special. I'm available to:
- Help you organize your process
- Facilitate community meetings
- Review a draft of your community survey and strategic plan
- Discuss strategic priorities and goals
Libraries can better serve our communities by collaborating with community organizations. I have worked collaboratively to:
- Connect libraries with their local homeless engagement coordinators
- Encourage libraries to participate in Climate Preparedness Week
- Increase library participation in National Voter Registration Day
- Support social work internships at public libraries
My personal interests include performing the piano and viola, swimming, tennis, meditation, and gardening.
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to hear from you!