The Boston Bruins work with the MBLC and MLS to increase literacy by encouraging children, teens and adults to participate in statewide summer library programs. Each summer:
- Bruins Mascot Blades makes special library visits.
- Award prizes to libraries to help incentivize their program. See raffle information.
- Summer Library Collectable Poster and Certificate featuring a Bruins player.
- Social Media and Promotional Materials available through the MBLC Awarehouse.
- Bruins players work with librarians to create a Bruins Recommended Reads List, see below.