Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What Is Commonwealth eBook Collections?
Commonwealth eBook Collections is a service provided by the Massachusetts Library System designed to expand access to digital content (eBooks, audiobooks, etc.) to all residents of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts via school libraries and public libraries. The program offers the following options to interested and eligible libraries:
- MLS member school libraries join the OverDrive K-12 Shared Sora Collection
- MLS member non-network public libraries join the SAILS Library Network OverDrive Collection
Schools and libraries must be MLS members to join the program and a subscription fee is assessed annually.
OverDrive K-12 Shared Sora Collection (schools)
When a school library joins the Commonwealth eBook Collections program, it join the OverDrive K-12 Shared Sora Collection:
- 50,000+ unique eBook and audiobook collection that shared only among participating schools
- Sora is the reading platform (app and website)
- A public library card can be added in Sora for access to even more titles from the local public library/network's OverDrive collection
SAILS Library Network OverDrive Collection (non-network public libraries)
When non-network public libraries join Commonwealth eBook Collections program, they join the SAILS Library Network OverDrive Collection:
- 50,000+ eBook and audiobook collection (with the ability to add other public library networks)
- Libby is the preferred reading platform (app)
The Commonwealth eBook Collection gives Massachusetts libraries a voice in the national marketplace. The Massachusetts Library System actively participates in national initiatives including: