Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What Is Commonwealth eBook Collections?
Commonwealth eBook Collections is a statewide initiative to expand access to eBooks to all residents of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The program offers the following product to interested libraries:
- MLS member school libraries join the OverDrive K-12 Shared Sora Collection
- MLS member academic, non-network public, and special libraries join the SAILS Library Network OverDrive Collection
Learn about the evolution of the program. In addition, Commonwealth eBook Collections gives Massachusetts libraries a voice in the national marketplace. Massachusetts Library System actively participates in national initiatives including SimplyE, the ASGCLA Consortial eBooks Interest Group and the Power of Libraries, a collaborative effort to make a difference in the library eBook ecosystem.
OverDrive K-12 Shared Sora Collection (schools)
When a school library joins the Commonwealth eBook Collections program, it join the OverDrive K-12 Shared Sora Collection:
- 20,000+ eBook and audiobook collection that is only shared among participating schools
- Sora is the reading platform (app and website)
- A public library card can be added in Sora for access to even more titles from the local public library/network's OverDrive collection
SAILS Library Network OverDrive Collection (academic, public, and special libraries)
When academic, public, or special libraries join Commonwealth eBook Collections program, they join the SAILS Library Network OverDrive Collection:
- 50,000+ eBook and audiobook collection (with the ability to add other public library networks)
- Libby is the preferred reading platform (app)